SLO/CJA Annual Meeting 2013
- Applying Lessons Learned from Child Fatality Reviews to Prevent Fatalities and Near Fatalities presented by David P. Kelly, J.D., M.A. (Administration for Children and Families Children’s Bureau), Liz Oppenheim, J.D. (Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc.), Ying-Ying Yuan, Ph.D. (Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc.).
- “One Team” Serving Military Families: Bridging the System Gaps presented by Katherine Robertson, LCSW, William Huleatt, LCSW, Mary “Tib” Campise, LCSW, (Department of Defense Family Advocacy Program).
- Differential Response: Overview and Early Evaluation Observations of the QIC_DR presented by Lisa Merkel-Holquin, (Kempe Center for the Preservation and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect), Keri Jowers, (Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc.).
- Children’s Bureau Policy Division Update presented by Jennifer Grayson, (Children’s Bureau Policy Division).
- Overview of Child Welfare Waiver Demonstrations presented by Gail Collins, Director, (Division of Program Implementation, Children’s Bureau).
- Trauma-Informed Systems and Practices: Spotlight on the Investigation and Assessment presented by Charles Wilson (Chadwick Center for Children and Families Rady Children’s Hospital – San Diego, CA, SAMHSA – Chadwick Trauma Informed Systems – DI Project), Donna M Pence, (Special Agent – Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Retired Pence - Wilson Training & Consulting, Inc. Practice Improvement Consultant).
SLO/CJA Annual Meeting 2012
- CJA/SLO Meeting Agenda - April 2012
- Examining Child Fatality Reviews and Cross System Fatality Review CJA-SLO Annual Meeting April 2012 - (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Law and Policy Developments in Child Protection Reform CJA-SLO Annual Meeting April 2012 - (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Study of the Feasibility of National Child Abuse Registry CJA-SLO Annual Meeting April 2012 - (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Collaborative Action:New Science to Inform and Advance Prevention and Child Welfare -(PowerPoint Presentation)
SLO/CJA Annual Meeting 2011
- A Frame for Child Welfare’s Future-Promoting Social and Emotional Well-Being to Facilitate Healing and Recovery- A presentation by Bryan Samuels, the Commissioner of the Administration on Children, Youth and Families.
- CPS Practices and Policies: NCANDS Data Now and in the Future- Presentation with highlights from the recent analyses of National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System Data and discussion about implementation and reporting of alternative response and expansion of data collection of fatalities and near fatalities.
- Children Exposed to Violence: What We Know, What We Don’t and Why it Matters- Presentation about the outcomes of violence exposure with particular emphasis on the impact of poly-victimization for children.
- The Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act After the CAPTA Reauthorization Act of 2010. Presentation provides an overview of the CAPTA Reauthorization Act presented by the Children’s Bureau Policy Division.
- Declining Rates of Child Sexual Abuse: Understanding the Trends and Using Data to Improve Child Welfare- Presentation concerning the possible explanations for the decline in child sexual abuse over the last 10 years and the use of data to inform decisions in child welfare. Lisa Jones, PhD of the University of New Hampshire Crimes Against Children Research Center.
- CAPTA Reauthorization Act of 2010 in pamphlet format: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/cblaws/capta/capta2010.pdf
- CAPTA and Foster Connections – What CJA Task Forces and SLOs Need to Know, presentation by Howard Davidson, Director of the ABA Center on Children and the Law
- CJA 101 – Introduction, presentation by Catherine Luby, Office of Child Abuse and Neglect, Children’s Bureau, ACF, HHS
- Three Year Assessment, presentation by Catherine Luby, Office of Child Abuse and Neglect, Children’s Bureau, ACF, HHS
SLO Annual Meeting 2007
The annual State Liaison Officer’s (SLOs) Annual Meeting was held on April 16, and 17, 2007 prior to the 16th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect in Portland, Oregon. The meeting included shared sessions with the Children’s Justice Act, Court Improvement Project and Community Based Child Abuse Prevention/ Promoting.Safe and Stable Families grantees. Other presentations developed specifically for the SLOs were focused on helping states prepare for the upcoming Child and Family Services Reviews and sharing promising practices on key issues of workforce, disproportionality, domestic violence and substance use. Sessions included discussion and idea sharing amongst the SLOs, ACF Children’s Bureau regional office and NRCCPS staff. Thanks to everyone who participated in making this a successful meeting.
- SLO Annual Meeting Agenda 2007
- When “Just Do It” Won’t Do it: Implementing EFP’s in the Real World
- Findings From the Illinois AODA IV-E Waiver
- Project First Step: Approaches to Co-Occurence of Child Maltreatment & Substance Abuse in New Hampshire
- Evaluation of New Hampshire’s Title IV-E Demonstration Project
- Management of Child Welfare Case Workloads
- Preventing Child Abuse and Neglectin Shelters and Other Congregate Housing
2007 SLO MEETING RESOURCES
Prepared by Child Welfare Information Gateway 4/17/07
- Alternative Response as a Family-Centered Approach
- Alternative Response in Child Protective Services
- Child and Family Services Reviews Resources
- Child Welfare and IDEA Part C
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Domestic Violence Services
- Improving Practices
- Interagency Collaboration
- Laws and Policies
- Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: Collaboration and Partnerships
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Services
- Workforce and Training Resources