The National Resource Center for Child Protective Services (NRCCPS) is committed to improving outcomes for children and families by helping public child welfare agencies improve child protection practice. Through the lens of Implementation Science we design technical assistance that is tailored and specific to each jurisdiction.
NRCCPS is one of 10 national resource centers (NRC’s) funded by the Children’s Bureau, U. S. Department of Health and Human Services to provide free on-site training and technical assistance to State and Tribal child welfare agencies. Links to all the other members of the T/TA network are available through the Training/Tech Assistance tab.
This site provides a picture of the fundamental work we do, including special initiatives which are designed to address common areas of need in the field; information about and links to peer networks we support, State Liaison Officers (SLO’s), Children’s Justice Act (CJA) Grantees, Citizen Review Panels (CRP’s); in-depth information on the Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) we provide to States and Tribes; and items of interest on promising practice or evidence-based practice which are relevant to child protection (Information Dissemination).
How Can We Help?
Children’s Justice Act : Program Overview Program Instruction Review
- Children’s Justice Act : Program Overview Program Instruction Review (Webinar, March 26, 2013 PowerPoint w/ Audio)
- Children’s Justice Act: Program Overview Program Instructions Review (Webinar, March 26, 2013 PowerPoint)
- 2013 Children’s Justice Act Program Instruction
Child Maltreatment 2011-Key Findings and Expanded Discussion
The Child Maltreatment report series presents national data about child abuse and neglect known to child protective services agencies in the United States. Presenters will discuss key highlights from the most recent report, Child Maltreatment 2011, and share additional findings that shed light on emerging issues and trends in child abuse and neglect. The featured speakers include Bryan Samuels, the Commissioner of the Administration on Children, Youth and Families (ACYF); Catherine Nolan, the Director of the Office on Child Abuse and Neglect (ACYF); Kurt Heisler, the Project Manager for NCANDS (ACYF); and Madonna Aveni, the Report Manager for Child Maltreatment 2011, Walter R. McDonald and Associates, Inc.(WRMA.
- Click here to view Child Maltreatment 2011-Key Findings and Expanded Discussion (Webinar February 7, 2013 PowerPoint Presentation w/audio).
- Click here to view Child Maltreatment 2011 -Key Findings and Expanded Discussion (Webinar February 7, 2013, PowerPoint Presentation)
- Click here to view Child Maltreatment 2011 Key Findings and Expanded Discussion Webinar Q & A
- Click here to go to the Child Maltreatment 2011 Data web page.
Children’s Justice Act (CJA) Grantees Roster–January 2013 - CJA Coordinators/Task Force Members – Revised January 2013
Working Together To Prevent Child Fatalities: Collaboration Among Review Teams, Child Welfare Agencies, and Communities
(Webinar Tuesday, September 18, 2012 – PowerPoint Presentation – Due to technical problems the recording of the webinar is unavailable)
(Friday, September 14, 2012, 12:00 – 1:00 PM CDT. PowerPoint Presentation and ducuments from the Webinar)
(Webinar PowerPoint Presentation w/audio, July 17, 2012) Cambria Rose Welsh, LCSW, Project Manager and Blake Zimmet, LCSW, Training Coordinator